Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Odd Musing

I've had this damn jingle in my head now for days:

My baloney has a first name,
it's O-S-C-A-R
My baloney has a second name,
it's M-A-Y-E-R
Oh, I love to eat it every day
And if you ask me why I'll say
'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way
with B-O-L-O-G-N-A.

Which lead me to remember wondering as a kid how B-O-L-O-G-N-A spelled baloney. And also wondering if 'Mayer' was the last name or the middle name of the baloney. If it was a middle name, what was the last name? Oscar Mayer Zembruski, maybe? Maybe that's why it's not part of the jingle. Too hard to rhyme with. But most importantly this lead me to this: what about the hotdogs? Did they feel left out by not having their own spelling jingle? With that in mind:

My frankfurter has a first name,
it's O-S-C-A-R
My frankfurter has a second name
it's M-A-Y-E-R
Oh, I'm scared to eat them anyway
Because I know just how they're made
'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way
with W-I-E-N-E-R-S.

Huh. Maybe the ad execs knew what they were doing. Doesn't really fit, does it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

KC: Have you seen CMAC's post a few weeks ago with a picture of SugarV and the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile?! For Real! LOL Look through his posts.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Robb said...

That is too funny!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You're too funny. I can't believe this is in your head. LOL.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Great!! Now i have the jingle in my head and I have visions of weiners and bologna. ;)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

I know you will always give me a good laugh! Haha!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

And there goes the hot dog industry.........boom

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home