Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Single white female

Okay, so not only am I getting junk mail at home addressed to "Single Person at (my address here)," but over the last few months, they've started coming addressed to me personally. And there are new messages on my answering machine weekly: "Terri, this is Perky Bitch with 'How It Must Suck to be Single in the City.' Don't continue to be a loser, call us now and we'll hook you up!" And now, to add insult to serious injury, THEY'RE CALLING ME AT WORK!!! Why are they calling me at the office? Is there some single person list? How in the hell do they know who I am? Perhaps someone broke into my house and planted a single person lo-jack under my skin while I slept. I wondered what that antennae behind my ear was for...

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss_Vicki said...

Hell, I hope they don't get MY number now ;op I'm single too, so I can relate.

I saw the link to your blog from Marie, so I wanted to stop by and say hello!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Robb said...

That is way too freaky! You better sign up on some bridal list or something. Maybe then the theme will vary.

11:21 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Miss V - thanks for stopping by! I hope I didn't bring you to the attention of the dating service yahoos...

Robb - Now that's a good idea...although, now that you mention it, I was just in a bridal shop two months ago to order a bridesmaid dress...maybe they're in cahoots with the singles people!

Liza - Yeah, would you stop calling me? It's getting annoying. I don't so much mind the distraction at work, except that it takes away from blogging time. ;)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

I didn't give anybody anyone's phone number, and Vicki, I'll deny that to the end. What do you think, I'm crazy? I'm not sharing. You too Ter, I'm not sharing, nope, not no way. Glad you came by though!!!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home