Monday, August 29, 2005

The Bee Gees never wrote crap like this

On this morning's drive to the office, KC and the Sunshine Band's classic "Shake Your Booty" was on the radio. After really listening to the words, I had a few thoughts about the lyrics...

Everybody, get on the floor, let's dance! (a rather bossy beginning, if you really think about it)

Don't fight your feelings, give yourself a chance! (always good advice: be bold; don't be afraid)

Shake shake shake, shake shake shake, (a little exercise is good for everyone's booty, so shake it!)

Shake your booty! Shake your booty! (c'mon, you in the back, get your booty in motion!)

Oh, shake shake shake, shake shake shake, (shake it baby, shake it!)

Shake your booty! Shake your booty. (okay, I get the point...can we stop shaking now?)

You can, you can do it very well.You're the best in the world, I can tell. (a compliment is always a good thing)

Shake shake shake, shake shake shake, (what? More shaking?)

Shake your booty! Shake your booty! (okay, but just because you said I do it very well)

Oh, shake shake shake, shake shake shake, (stop the madness!)

Shake your booty! Shake your booty. (this is getting pretty old)

Shake shake, shake shake!Shake shake, shake shake! (my booty is getting tired. Can it sit, sit, sit?)

Shake shake shake, shake shake shake, (shake this, you polyester wearing disco freak!)

Shake your booty! Shake your booty! (yeah, I'm soo over this booty thing, shake it yourself)

Oh, shake shake shake, shake shake shake, (Ummmm, chocolate shake...now that's a shake, shake, shake I can get behind)

Shake your booty! Shake your booty. (this crap was a top ten song in the 70's? The Bee Gees sooo ruled the disco era)

Um, yeah. I will now apologize for putting that song in all of your heads...sorry. Feel free to cuss me out in the comment section!

8 Comments:

Blogger Robb said...

That song had better not pop back up into my head later. I am laughing at your commentary! Chocolate shake....

9:08 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hahahaha!!! Yes, I was shaking my hips a bit as I was thinking of that song playing. You're right...it's very redundant. lol

I love the idea of drinking a chocolate shake right now though. Mmmm...

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... You are too funny! Shaking my booty always gets me into trouble. LOL.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Anisa said...

mmmmmmm...milkshakes...

and, yeah, this song has pretty terrible lyrics. the bee gees are DEFINITELY much better.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

I'm shaking it, I'm shaking it! I love to shake, shake, shake my booty! Haha! I love the comments!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

I drank the shake, and cut up some fruit, for the chocolate fondue, and put on Kansas (Dust in the wind...) and I'm working myway through this chocolate fix thing that started with your *last* post when you ruled the world....

booty, not until I finish!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

I had to come back and "Thank You" for making me walk around my house while shaking my booty and singing this song! It's all your fault! LOL!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Thanks a lot!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home