Tuesday, August 23, 2005

School Daze

Last night was the first day of classes, and I realized a few things.
  • It's quite possible that my Art History teacher witnessed the Paleolithic period first hand
  • If the guy sitting next to me slouched any further down in his chair, he'd be on the floor
  • People who wear flip-flops and drag their feet make me want to pummel them to death
  • Dipping mini pretzels into blackberry yogurt isn't nearly as disgusting as it sounds
  • The merging, exiting and splitting of four different highways known as The Grandview Triangle normally just sucks, but adding rain turns it into a class A clusterfuck
  • Leaving work an hour early only to sit in said clusterfuck is no guarantee you won't be late to class
  • Taking a chance and trying to sell back books from three semesters ago sometimes pays off
  • There are way too many twenty-somethings named "Tiffany"
  • My bookbag weighs 15 lbs
  • I already have two chapters to read for Wednesday and a test next Monday

Let's hear it for higher education!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

haha, I drag my feet when i wear sandals ... waiting for my punch to the neck

9:19 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Ewwww....pretzels and blackberry yogurt...there's a food connoisseur!

Gotta love College! :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger tinyhands said...

Being there, doing that.

10:40 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Chris- I won't punch you in the neck, but I'd glare at you and snarl at you to get off my lawn

Vix- I know...but then again, I like honey on my pizza, so what do I know?

TH- Are you the oldest in you classes as well? Some days I feel absolutely ancient.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

hahaha, great list.....smack the sloucher in the back of the head with one of those 3 year old books next time

12:50 PM  
Blogger Robb said...

Traffic sucks! Good luck in school!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

honey on pizza is in the current month's "Bon Appetite" and I am certain that your teacher from the Plistocene era is just pleased as punch to be there too. Positive mental attitude!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

LOL! This is a funny list. Mmmm...pretzels! :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger tinyhands said...

Though I don't look it, I am among the oldest in my classes, and usually one of only a few that didn't go straight from bachelors to masters. Fortunately there's a guy in tonight's class who is old enough to be MY dad.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home