Thursday, August 11, 2005

Holy hangover, Batman!

Last night, I hung out with two of my best friends, Chris and Heather. We make it a point to get in a girls night at least once a week. Usually we cook some great food and drink at least two bottles of wine. The menu last night called for grilled pork chops, sauteed green beans and three bottles of Cabernet (which would explain the hangover...didn't drink nearly enough water).

I met Chris 8 years ago and in an instant, I knew I was going to know this person for life. It sounds weird, but meeting Chris was the second time that has happened to me. She is one of the sweetest, kindest, most warm-hearted people I know. I met Heather just over a year ago, and I can't believe I haven't known her longer. She is beautiful inside and out, even if she doesn't see it.

It's always a good time when the three of us get together; we think we're hysterical. No subject is off limits during girls night, all opinions are valid and no viewpoint is mocked. Well, there was mocking when Heather got all mushy, but it was mocking with love.

At one point, Chris was lamenting about a recent lull in her sex life. She's been dating Cente* for over 8 months and she was bitching that he has been slacking off in that department lately. It seems that she was getting it at least 8 times a week, and now, horror of horrors, it's slowed to three or four times a week. What-the-fuck-ever! I pelted her with wine corks. During these weekly gatherings we not only get the girl time we need to survive, but so much more - it's validation, humor, friendship, love, advice, blow job tips... Over bottles of wine we solve all kinds of problems, but usually raise more questions than we answer: Why are shoes so expensive? Why are men and women so different? What color will Bert's* hair be next week? Why aren't we drinking on the beach somewhere? What the hell did Chris season those pork chops with? Do we like the monkey wine better than the rooster wine? (Definitely the monkey wine!) Is Heather really a bitch bomb? What the hell is a bitch bomb? When will Terri get laid? Who is Sean and why does he keep calling me and not leaving a number? We answered most of them and left others to ponder another time.

The gist is this: these women are incredibly important to me and I can't imagine my life without these fabulous, funny, sweet, accepting, loving, beautiful women in it. (I have to say nice things, they lurk here...LOL). I love you both and that's not just the wine talking!

(*Some names have been changed to protect innocent bystanders to girls night)

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Those are the best times (minus the hangover, of course)! I love getting together with my dear girlfriends...the ones I have that connection with. Time passes by so quickly when you eat, talk, laugh, drink wine with those who mean the world to you. I'm glad you had fun! Did you answer the question as to when you think you will get laid?? ;)

8:50 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Ha! Unfortunately, no, that's still a mystery... There was a pact made, if I recall correctly, that it will be solved by the end of the year. Chris is a stubborn one, she'll make it happen!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Those really are the great times! I love that you guys think your hysterical. That is the best. That's how I am with my friends.

I wish I had more fun times with them. I'm trying to go out to dinner with one of my girlfriends at least once a week until she moves closer to me, then we can hang out more during the week. I'm seeing her tonight so I'm excited! Yipee!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't girlfriends wonderful? I love my best friend sue too and we have a great relationship. great post. :)

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog all morning and love the way you write. This was one of your best posts since you totally understand how important girlfriends are. I've got my posse of girls from highschool (we're all 45 now), and we still act like teenagers. Even though some of us have gone through divorces, and children leaving the nest etc., it still only gets better!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Thank you for the compliment afromabq, I'll try to continue to live up to it. Come by anytime!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home