Friday, August 05, 2005

Shut up and kiss me!

*I had this as a draft last week, then Marie at Scorpio posted hers today, so I thought I'd get it out today too...great minds think alike!*

As I mentioned in my very first post, I miss kissing. I miss kissing so much that I've been reliving some of the highlights in my kissing career.

First kiss: Danny V. in the 4th grade. He was new to our class that year and I was instantly smitten. He had dark hair, dark eyes and to this day, I am still immediately attracted to dark hair/dark eyes...wonder if there's something to that? Anyway, Danny and I sat next to each other and started a friendship. We hung out at lunch, recess and always ended up on the same teams in gym class. Once in a while, he would hold my hand under the table when we were in the library. One day at recess, a group of us were sitting around being bored and Danny just leaned over and planted one on me. Wow! It was all of two seconds, but at the time, it was the best two seconds of my life! Sadly, our romance didn't last past the last day of school, and when we saw each other again in the 5th grade, I was about 6 inches taller than he was. Pity.

First make-out kiss: That would be David M. when I was 14. Oh my, that kiss rocked my teenage world! I was a freshman and David was a sophomore; we met when I literally ran into him in the hallway. I had seen him several times and after getting the scoop, it took me days to 'accidentally' run into him. My fourth period class was right by his locker and for three days, I lingered at the top of the stairs until he closed his locker door and then I'd come barrelling down the steps...and nothing. The fourth day was the charm, I plowed right into him. Our books went everywhere, I went flying and sprained my wrist, but I got his attention. He sat with me while the nurse called my mom to take me for X-rays. It wasn't exactly how I planned it, but it worked nonetheless. We had great dates, haunted houses, roller skating...we even wore matching pastel Oxford shirts (not my fault, it was the 80's). After a few weeks, my friend Megan had a party, and David and I had our first real kiss. We were in the basement and while kissing him I remember thinking that his lips were so soft. Ahhh, David. We broke up a few months later when someone told me they saw him kissing Amy F. Turns out it wasn't true, but young hearts are fickle. We did remain friends through high school though.

Kiss from someone who kissed just like me: this was Albert (the guy I picked up on a dare using the cheesiest line my friends could think of- not as bad as it sounds we dated for almost a year). After walking me to my car, we started kissing, then pulled back and looked at each other and said "You kiss like me!" Needless to say, we both thought the other was a fabulous kisser. LOL.

First in-love kiss (although I didn't know it at the time): Bobby F. in Florida. I didn't believe in love at first sight, but trust me folks, it happens. I met Bobby when I went to visit a friend of mine in Tampa. We were staying at her boyfriend's apartment, and Bobby was his best friend. My friend's BF was at work, Kate was in the shower and there was a knock at the door. I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed, went to open the door wearing only my bra and undies. And there Bobby stood...with his jaw on the floor from being greeted by a half-naked stranger. It's hard for those who know me well to believe, but I was so awestruck I was mute and dumb. I couldn't remember my own name. Fast forward past dinner and hours of talking, laughing, and drinking to Ybor City and a club called "The Castle." Kate and Jeremy had disappeared while Bobby and I were watching the band. I was up against the stage and Bobby was directly behind me, with his hand resting on my bare skin where my shirt skimmed the top of my jeans. I couldn't wait any longer for him to make the first move, so I turned and kissed him for all I was worth. The rest of the night is a blur of lips, tounges, kissing, caressing, more kissing, warm breath, green eyes melting into blue eyes... We dated long distance for over a year, but due to committments on both ends, neither of us could move for another year. The distance proved to be too much. He is married now, and probably has 2.5 kids, a yellow Lab, and a picket fence to boot. At least I hope so, it's no less than what he deserves.

Now, I'm looking forward to my last first kiss, you know?

4 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Oooh, great kissing stories! How funny that we both had this on our minds today. LOL

I especially love the first in-love kiss story. Wow.

Did you see the movie "Hitch" out of curiosity? :)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

i miss being kissed...sigh...

11:25 AM  
Blogger Robb said...

Ok. Don't tell anyone, but I miss it too. You see...the last time I kissed someone proved to be a small disaster. I guess it meant too much to me after years of nothing meaning much of anything to me.

Now...don't tell my guy friends what I have said here. I'll deny it, I swear!

8:10 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Marie - I haven't seen it...is it worth the rental?

Wendi - Me too, sister. Me too.

Robb - My lips are sealed. But I admit, now I'm curious about the small disaster...

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home