Friday, July 22, 2005

Red is the new blonde

Normally I'm a blonde, but about 6 weeks ago, I decided to try red. Wow, and I thought blondes had more fun. I'm not sure what it is about red hair, but guys seem fascinated by it. I was asked last week by a total stranger if I was a true redhead. I asked him what he thought. He said, "Well, you have ivory skin, but no freckles...I'll need to investigate further, see if the carpet matches the curtains." First of all, ewwwwwwwww. Second of all, not gonna happen in this lifetime, dude. Third of all, would that line ever work? That got me to thinking of my favorite cheesy pick-up lines I heard while tending bar. Feel free to add your own:

5. Did you clean your pants with Windex? I can practically see myself in them.

4. You know, when you and I get old and our son/daughter comes up to me and says "Daddy, how did you meet mommy?" I'm gonna have to tell him/her how quiet you were, and how difficult you were being."

3. Good day for weather.

2. Baby, I'm no Fred Flintstone, but I can make your Bedrock!

1. Hi, my name is_______. Remember that because you'll be screaming it later.

(Disclaimer on #1: Several years ago, I was dared by a group of girlfriends to use that line one night. I chose my guy carefully, approached, and nailed the line perfectly. His name was Albert, and we ended up dating for 8 months.)

Anyway, I really am enjoying being a redhead. I think I'll keep it for a while.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Very nice post for a Friday....maybe you will be getting some (or a whole lot) this weekend with the new doo. I loved being a red head for a while too. It went with my complexion very well. ;-)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hahaha! Cool post. :) By the way, you are right about the red-head issue. My best friend has the most beautifully, naturally red hair and the guys love it.

Those lines are pretty bad, but I can see how #1 can work if you pull it off with the right amount of sex appeal and confidence. ;) I've heard many cheesy lines...like "Have I died and gone to heaven because I swear that I'm looking into the face of an angel." (gag)

11:16 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

That's not even the worst of the cheesy lines you hear working behind a bar.

Although, I will admit that the Fred Flinstone one makes me laugh.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

I never used pickup lines, my natural charm has always been enough, great post!!!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

'if i said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me'...that one worked...after we dated for a few months...

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home