Friday, July 29, 2005

Have you hugged your _____ today?

I watch to Today show every morning while I get ready for work. I can't stand the perkiness that is Katie Couric, but I have a crush on Matt Lauer (yeah, I said it). Anyway, this morning they had a segment on man hugs, and it got me to thinking.

I'm a hugger. My family will hug you until you beg for mercy, so to me it is just second nature. (When I first met my friend Chris, she was unused to being hugged hello and goodbye each time we saw each other and to me that seemed weird. I am happy to report that not only is she comfortable with it now, but she is one of the best huggers I know.) My second dad, Teddy, was a great hugger. He was a big bear of a man and didn't think twice about wrapping his grown sons, friends, my sister, me, his grandchildren in his arms to give us a little squeeze. It's one of the things I miss most about him.

Within my group of friends (male and female) there is always someone hugging someone and I've had more than one outsider ask about it. I never know what to say, because as I said, to me it's natural. Being hugged always makes me feel safe, secure and loved. What better way to show someone you appreciate them?

More people should embrace the hug! (Yes, pun intended!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE hugs! They are my favorite! You just this old gushy happy feeling inside. I love it when boys hug me. hehe
;-)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hugs (really good hugs) are the best! I love that feeling of being loved and showing my love in return.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

hugs rock!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home