Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Where I am from

I am from Seasame Street, Thousand Acre Wood, and Mister Roger's Neighborhood.

I am from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Chef Boy R D Ravioli and Kraft Mac & Cheese.

I am from Bambi, Thumper and Flower.

I am from Barbie's Dream house, T-I-double G-er, and teddy bears.

I am from Mr. Greenjeans and Winnie-the-Pooh.

I am from a strong, loving family.

I am from an indulgent grandad and an adoring grammie.

I am from white T-shirts and mechanics grease.

I am from Alzheimers, cancer and heart disease.

I am from Coors Original and Marlboro Reds.

I am from lighting bugs, fresh honeysuckle and chicken pox.

I am from hazel eyes, long legs, a beautiful smile and never-ending strength.

I am from hugs, kisses and cuddles.

I am from Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, and The Love Boat.

I am from humor, laughter and bad jokes.

I am from Ms. Pac-Man, Centipede and Donkey Kong.

I am from lilacs, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and puppy kisses.

I am from 8 tracks, 45 records and cassette tapes.

I am from England, Germany and Native America.

I am from Elvis, the Eagles, and Johnny Cash.

I am from friends and lovers.

I am from Little House on the Prairie, Dr. Suess and Nancy Drew.

I am from heartache, tears and heartbreak.

I am from the 70's & 80's.

I am from one mom, two dads, three siblings and four nieces & nephews.

I am from slumber parties, roller skating, and lady bugs.

I am from bell bottoms, halter tops and parachute pants.

I am from cheerleading and yearbook editor.

I am from 3&2 baseball, Fun Dip and Twizzlers.

I am from Grease, Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsen.

I am from sadness, triumph and true love.

This is where I am from.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robb said...

I love the post! It reminds me of simpler times...

6:37 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

great post today! i agree with the fun dip. miss those days.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Very good post! I love this. I agree with everyone...it takes you back to much simpler times. :)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home