Monday, August 22, 2005

Singin' in the rain

I'll try my best to relate the concert to you, but I was drunk, drunk, drunk Friday night, so some areas are a little blurry. Okay, okay, some areas are a lot blurry. But it wasn't our fault! Rain caused them to delay Los Lonely Boys by almost an hour. What else are you supposed to do but drink beer while you wait? That's right, pick up men to buy the beer for you, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

The night started off with a bang. Drinking our first beers of the evening (it's FAT Tire, Heather, not FLAT Tire) and waiting for our cab to take us to the River Market, I was telling the girls about the levels of drunkeness post from Friday and Chris misheard me and thought I said "levels of drunk Chris." (Which on further review is pretty hilarious...I might have to do a post on it.) And it was pretty obvious how the rest of the night was going to go. Bring it on, sistas.

There were two opening bands (the first of which we didn't give a hoot about) so we were killing time drinking at a place called Minskey's. Three, four or five beers and one minor injury (I cut my finger on something, I've no idea what it was, it didn't hurt until I saw the blood) later we had zoomed right through 'tipsy' and were heading straight for 'plastered.' Heather's brother finally showed up and we headed outside to listen to Robert Randolph and the Family Band. As we were getting our wrist bands to confirm that yes, we're old enough to drink, I noticed that one of the guys ID'ing people was drinking a beer sans wrist band. I called him on it, and minor flirting ensued. Chris pointed out that that could be a flirting record, we weren't even in the gate yet. I think she might be right.

Anyway, Robert Randolph is the shit! A little funk, a little rock, a little soul... It started to rain towards the end of his set, but he kept playing and the crowd kept dancing. After they announced LLB would be delayed, we ducked for cover with the rest of the crowd. Thank goodness we chose to be right by the corn dog stand, because by that time I was starving, and I've gotta tell you, it was the best damn corn dog I've ever had. It was like manna from the Gods. We were outta beer shortly after that and decided that we would brave the elements. Heather had to hit the port-a-potty so she and I took off. While we were off paying $5 per beer (robbery, I tell ya!), Chris was making friends. Friends who would buy us beer for the rest of the night. After returning, we introduced ourselves to the guys - I gave them my bar name. C'mon, ladies, 'fess up, you've used a bar name before! Mine is Gigi. Unbeknownst to me, Chris had already told the guys that our friends call us "THC," so they were confused where the "G" fit in. So, I was busted, but anyway...the show was delayed for over an hour, but when they did play, it was great. The rain came back, they continued to play, and we continued to get our drunk on.

Unfortunately, the show was cut way short; they only played 5 songs. Mother Nature was being a complete bitch and we got a front row seat to a spectacular lightening storm. So, we walked to The Cup and Saucer to catch the last set of our friend Nathan's band. Which led to more drinking and put me squarely into the last vestige of the 'drunk' level. Fortunately, before I tumbled into the ugliness of 'wasted,' Chris' boyfriend showed up to drive our drunk asses home, but not before a pit stop at The Cigar Box for more beer, a really bad Neil Diamond impersonation, and an overload of Guido types. Of course, by then it was after 2am and there's only one place to go in midtown at that hour: Chubby's for breakfast. I walked into my house at 3:30am and spent all day Saturday with the mother of all hang-overs.

Did I mention that Saturday was my friend John's birthday and I was expected to be at his party that night with bells on? Yeah, you heard me. I went, I drank, I got more than a little 'tipsy,' I came home.

My liver is no longer speaking to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robb said...

Sounds like your liver and my liver have a lot in common! Maybe they should go out for a beer.

8:51 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

robb- the next time in in Georgia, you're on! Brush up on that drawl... :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Monty said...

And you almost had those guys right where you wanted them. Keep it up and you're going to egt laid before the year is up. Some aspirin before bedtime helps, leave them either next to your bed, or in the kitchen for before you go to sleep. Cuts down on the hangover. Say that with a drawl!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm glad you all had fun. I know that I've made my liver mad in the recent past... ;) LOL

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home