Friday, September 09, 2005

Hodge Podge

It's Friday and I feel like playing in the shallow end of the pool today...no deep thoughts, no trying to unravel the mysteries of the Universe, no brain strain trying to come up with a meaningful post. Today, you'll get drivel. And you'll like it.


  • Freakin' idiots who park on a 4 lane throughfare on my way to work should be pelted with olives.

  • To the two students who cheated on our Art History quiz Wednesday night, I turned you in. And I don't feel bad about it.

  • I asked my Magic 8 Ball if I would have a date for my friend John's wedding, it said "My reply is no." Stupid Magic 8 Ball.

  • I also asked it if the Chiefs were going to beat the crap out of the Jets this weekend and it said "Outlook good." Smart Magic 8 Ball.

  • I have a Mr. Potato Head on my desk, do you think he's lonely? Perhaps I should buy him a Mrs. Potato Head. Maybe then they'd make Tater Tots.

  • I'd rather buy him Darth Tater. Not because I'm into Star Wars (never seen any of the films) but just because it cracks me up. But then I wouldn't have Tater Tots. Hmmm, dilemma.

  • I guess I could buy both, then they could be happy little threesome. Although, I'm sure that's probably a little to weird for the office. And potentially confusing for the Tots. "Are you my Tater daddy?"

  • Is it wrong that I ate a brownie for breakfast? I washed it down with orange juice. Which was not a good combination, in case anyone was thinking of trying it.

  • I'm listening to "Tiny Dancer" and just now realized the lyric is "you had a busy day today" and not "you had a visitor today."

  • My wall calendar is still on June because I love the picture.

  • Why is it that the week following a three-day weekend seems like it has two extra days in it?

  • I love Neil Diamond and must sing along when his songs come on the radio.

  • A tenant just called to complain that he was cut off a block away from the building by another tenant. What the fuck is that about? How am I responsible for that? I asked him what he wanted me to do and he replied, send out a memo reminding people to drive with more courtesy. He wasn't kidding.

  • I will not be sending out the above memo.

  • Today is my half birthday. I am officially, 35 1/2. Yikes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

I love brownies in the morning! I find they go down much better with milk...

Have a great weekend!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Monty said...

Happy Half Birthday. My real birthday is the 28th of this month. I'll be a little older.

I love really good brownies, with milk, with champagne, with Diet Coke in almost any version, with a Corona preferably with a lime, and when stressed with a large wedge of chocolate cake.

Greene's knee, but of course, there's Priest Holmes. Can you stop Pennington? Is the Chief's pass defense up to it? I'll pick the Chiefs by 8.

Get Ms. Tater for sure, but if you also get Dearth tater, you could end up with toasted tater tots!

Have a great weekend!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

LOL!

Happy Half Birthday. ;)

I think you should get Darth Tater. How funny!

I think you are the second person I know who hasn't seen the Star Wars films. Wow! :)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're just hilarious. I love reading your blog. Have a great weekend.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Robb said...

I am laughing too hard! Pelted with olives...interesting.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy half.

And I love me some Neil Diamond, too.

Saw him live in 1992.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1991, acutally. I think.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

KC was dominant against the Jets. Now, about that fudge receipe.....

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home