Friday, September 16, 2005

Hmmmm...

Believe it or not, I've got nothin' for you today. No rants, no funny stories, no weird observations, no strange conversations in my head...nothin'. I feel like such a loser. So, here are some tidbits:

  • The girls and I are going to Omaha this weekend to see Ray LaMontagne (http://raylamontagne.com/). It's Heatherby's birthday and we're sure to get out of hand. Let's just hope there will be no photographic evidence!
  • My friend John is getting married in two weeks and his bachelor party is tonight. He wanted to invite me, but the other guys were weird about it. What's that about? We've been good friends for almost 10 years, I'm literally one of the guys as far as he is concerned. In fact, he and his fiance had a friendly discussion on which side of the bridal party I was going to be a part of: John wanted me as a groomsperson, but Paula won out since she needed an 5th bridesmaid.
  • My mom is the coolest mom ever. Every Friday morning on her way to work she leaves the Friday paper and some sort of snack in my car. Today it was sweet cantaloupe. Not to mention that she's putting together a snack care package for the THC road trip to Omaha. Mere believes that no road trip should ever be undertaken without Peanut M&M's and salty snacks. Mere rocks.
  • The second greatest cartoon in the whole world, Calvin and Hobbes, has returned to our local paper. The first greatest cartoon will forever be Bloom County, which sadly, is still MIA.
  • My cat Hefe is diabetic and he has to have insulin shots twice a day. I forgot his shot last night and felt really awful about it this morning. It's the first time I've forgotten since he was diagnosed in March.
  • It's Raider week here in KC. We loyal Chiefs fans really hate the Raiders. Even if they've been pretty toothless lately. I'm going out on a limb and predicting Chiefs by 7. Magic 8 Ball says "Signs point to yes."

Sorry this is so lame. I promise to bring the funny next week. Have a great weekend, y'all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

That's some good randomness. :) And how fun that you are going to see Ray LaMontagne. I am listening to a couple of songs listed on his website right now. Good stuff! I love his voice.

That's too bad that you are not "allowed" to join the bachelor party, seeing that you are one of the guys anyway.

How cool is your mom? That's so sweet and loving of her to do those little gestures. :)

I love Calvin and Hobbes!!

I'm sure your kitty is fine but I understand the feeling bad part. I feel bad if I forget to do something for my cat especially when it's health related.

I hope KC crushes the Raiders. I hate them.

Happy Friday! Have fun at the concert. I expect some good stories. ;)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Have a great weekend!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

I'm a Type 2 myself, insulin dependent. Your cat will be OK, but it may take a day or more to normalize again.

I really liked the post myself.

As someone whose only family is their wife, I love reading about the close relationship you have. Damn, you're rich!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

If Collins has a another big week as a QB, things could get dicey for the KC defense. Randy Moss is a big target. Even still, Collins may never hit 60% of his passes again.

Given Gonzales, Greene, Holmes, I'll give KC a win by 3. if Collins has a bad day.........huge

10:53 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

great prediction, Chiefs by 6...close enough!!!

8:52 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

C-Mac - What can I say, I'm just that good!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home