Thursday, February 08, 2007

Don't think twice, it's alright

Why is it that life is so hard? I mean, as a kid you dream about being a grown-up and solving all life's problems. And as a grown-up, all you want to do is be a kid again and forget all life's problems. Why is it we're never satisfied with status quo and always think something else, somewhere else, someone else is the answer? Why is it so hard to be happy and satisfied with what we have and who we are? Do you suppose our parents and grandparents ever felt this way? Or is it something about our generation? We all seem to just be ungrateful for what we have. What the hell is wrong with us? When will we get to the point where we can stop looking ahead and enjoy where we are? Instead of wondering 'Is this it?' shouldn't we be exclaiming 'THIS is it!'?

Are we so jaded that we're missing out on the good stuff right in front of us? I hope not.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fabio said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:56 AM  
Blogger My Boring Best said...

Hey. I have no idea how to answer the questions you posed here. The subject matter confuses me on a daily basis.

All I know is that I don't feel satisfied, or ready to just stop striving for something bigger, etc. At the same time, I've done so much to get there that I feel a little exhausted by it all.

Ugh. Hope you continue to shine on bright.

5:31 PM  
Blogger My Boring Best said...

...my last comment sounded more negative than I meant it to. Sorry.

My mind is so distracted at this second. I've worked for 10 days or so without a day off and I'm whipped. And yet, I'm still here writing my script for work; a script that was due days ago.

Ugh. Ugh. UGH.

:-)

5:36 PM  
Blogger whirlygirly said...

hey, you added me to your links! Yay!

this isn't a comment on your entry here, because I've had a couple glasses of wine and am therefore unable to think about deep stuff like that. I'm just saying Hi. AND, I'm going to see We Are The Fury next week.. you know that snotty glam-punk band that opened for the Lovehammers that you and red made fun of me for liking? I'm telling you, they are gonna be the Next Big Thing. SO THERE.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

It is ironic that you posted this today and that I'm reading at this precise moment.

I just heard a statement today...moments ago actually, that addresses some of what you question.

It is, "Nothing new can come into your life until you appreciate what you have."

Yeah, ironic that you posted this. I'm going to start appreciating what I have.....

11:02 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Boring: I didn't find your first comment negative in the least...
You've got a lot going on, so it's understandable that you're exhausted. Just don't forget to take some time out for you. And maybe make a phone call... :)

Girly: Hey sweetie!! Was that the band where the lead singer was wearing more makeup than RuPaul? I vaguely remember them. Are they playing at The Grand Emporium again? And I totally believe you about The Next Big Thing...and when they are, you can say you told me so. :)

Sweetheart: Now those are words to live by. I'm going to do my best to do just that.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home