Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Snippets

  • Okay, I feel sufficently stupid. Really. I had my first math class last night and God am I dumb. It was like a foreign language. The prof was using words like " variable," "constants," "exponential expressions," "rational numbers," "irrational numbers," "integers," "natural numbers," " real numbers," "addition," "subtraction"... it was horrible! I suppose it didn't look good from the start when he asked if we knew the difference between rational and irrational numbers and I thought "Irrational numbers are numbers that have no common sense." Yeah, it's going to be a long semester.
  • So there's this girl in my Comp II class that makes every statement a question? It's really annnoying? I'd like to put my foot up her ass?
  • My sister and her husband are moving into their new house this weekend. *cough* I'd really like to help, but *cough* I'm really starting to feel under the weather... *cough*
  • Do you remember those little mnemonic devices from grade school? Like, My Very Extravagant Mother Just Sent Us Nine Parrots for the planets? Well, I guess I'm not a complete math idiot, I did remember this for the Order of Operations: Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally. Now, I wonder if Aunt Sally is a math whiz?
  • I hate it when people try to get on the elevator before letting people off the elevator. I hate it even more when they give you a dirty look like you're in their way.
  • This just in: the government has completed a three year study on weight loss. They discovered the most effective way to drop some pounds is to eat less and exercise. No shit, Sherlock. Our tax dollars at work, ladies and gentlemen. Maybe next they'll discover the best way to get enough oxygen is to breathe in and out.
  • I have become one of those women I used to make fun of: I wear tennis shoes into work and change into dress heels once I get to my office. Yes, I wear tennis shoes with my dress pants and skirts. Quite the visual isn't it?

11 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

WHY is the government STILL studying people with weight problems. Are they going to come up with some sort of new stomach stapling surgery? I'm sure this will really please people with REAL health problems, like Cancer, Lupus, Aids, MS, Heart Disease or any other serious health problem. Politics and Govn't sucks. I'm pissed! LOL

So tell me what is a "natural number"? For Real...

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao. oh the horror, the horror! tennis shoes? say it isn't so kc.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Robb said...

What scares me is how much of the math I actually remember. And I hate math! How much math do you need for social work?

Don't worry. It will all come back to you.

1:20 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Vix- I don't know! That's why this class is going to suck!!

Kate- yes, I know, but only until I get to my office, does that make it better? Yeah, you're right. It doesn't.

Robb- Uh huh. I don't believe you.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

i think you are fantastic. i hope one day you give me the honor of joining you at a KC Chiefs game....including tailgate.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

I failed Algebra... don't look at me. I don't know what any of those words mean.

The elevator thing is a big pet peeve of mine. Well, just the whole exit / enter scenario. If someone is leaving the building they have the right of way. Why don't people understand this?

2:44 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Spacks- aww, fantastic? You're not just saying that so I'll take you to a game are you? You're swell too!

TG- I failed Algebra twice in high school. But this time will be different, dammit!!!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Sis, you had better get something for that *cough* cuz mom will guilt trip you into helping and you know it. Besides if you are *coughing* who will bring the donuts?? As far as math goes, booger-butt would be more than happy to help out his favorite Aunt-T. 10 year old math may be over your head, but it will be a great place to start!!

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is precisely why I'm not following my dream and going back to school.....because I'm stupid!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

"I hate it when people try to get on the elevator before letting people off the elevator. I hate it even more when they give you a dirty look like you're in their way."

I hate that too! Jack asses.

And I don't like it when people make statements that sound like questions. hehe

11:43 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ooo, I do the tennis shoes and stuff too! I hate wearing heels unless I'm in the office. I'll wear flip flops to drive to work and change when I get to my desk...

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home