Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Stop staring at my ass...

What's the deal with automated toilets? Do they creep anyone else out or is it just me? I don't really like the idea of an electronic eye eyeballing my ass as I'm using the toilet. It's creepy. And kind of Big Brother-ish. Do you suppose this is what George Orwell meant? And really, what kind of lazy assed society are we that we need automatic toilet flushers? Isn't sort of a reflex to turn and push the handle? What's next automated butt wipers?

I'll tell you what we really need in public restrooms: automated handwashers. And I don't mean automated sinks where the water is freezing cold and only runs in .002 second spurts. What I mean is there should be some sort of automated spray dye at the door for when people bypass the sink completely and for those who think just a splash of water is enough. Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of system that would either lock the door of the restroom until they washed their hands or would spray their face purple so you could tell by looking at them that they are nasty motherfuckers? Although I don't think walking around for one day looking like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is nearly enough punishment for these folks, it would get the point across, don't you think? Yeah, me too.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

see, i'm grossed out by public bathrooms so i love the automatic flushers. the fewer things i have to touch in those bathrooms the better! lol.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

lmao...the purple spray...similar to the purple cloud that would follow you in the pool if you peed in it...

9:32 AM  
Blogger Robb said...

I was feeling a little guilty when I saw the title of this one. Then I thought to myself "I've never seen her ass."

Funny post!

1:32 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Kate - I'm with you there, but I'm a foot flusher myself.

Liza - an obsession with toilets? I'm scared to ask for details...

Wendi - Exactly!

Robb - I didn't mean you, honey...you can stare at my ass anytime you like.

7:50 AM  
Blogger My Boring Best said...

This post is too funny. I've never thought of it that way, but now I will every time I'm around one of those auto-flushers.

Liza, you're obsessed with toilets??? How truly odd. Have you been to Europe? When I was there I could not get over the wide variety of toilets there. And, so many ways to flush them!

The worst toilet there was in a stall with just a simple hole in the floor about 5 inches around. Yick, yick, yick, yick, yick.

And yick.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thanks baby sis - I can no longer listen to KC and the Sunshine Band with out thinking of chocolate shakes. Good thing I don't act on the urge to get one or I would be 400 lbs. I can not drive my short drive to work without agreeing with you on road etiquette - and you know how agreeing with you irritates me! We have the auto flushers at work - I now wonder "Could someone really be watching?" And forget even thinking of leaving the bathroom with out washing my hands for fear of having to go thru the rest of the day - or perhaps weeks if you had anything to do with it - with a purple face. luv

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home