Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Goin' to the chapel...

My friend John is getting married this Saturday. It's going to be one helluva shindig. JB and I have been friends for almost 10 years. I was working with his older brother who thought he would play matchmaker. John and I went out on exactly two dates, but it just didn't click. We stayed friends and several years later, we dated again, for about 3 months before I moved to Florida. We kept in touch and he visited me several times, but romance just wasn't in the cards, which is perfectly fine, because we are still great buds. We hang out, watch movies, drink beer, play poker, watch football games, talk about everything...I just can't imagine not knowing him.

John is a sweet, funny, incredibly intelligent, nice looking, do-anything-for-you, goofy, smart-assed Polack with a Jersey accent (even though he's lived in KC for almost 20 years). His bride is a beautiful, red-haired, smart, sweet, slightly shy (until you get to know her) woman named Paula. It was very important for JB that Paula and I get along, and much to his chagrin, we hit it off immediately and talk to each other weekly. After they had been dating for several months, I told Paula how cool I thought it was that she wasn't bothered by the fact that JB and I hang out quite a lot...most girlfriends (and boyfriends - my last boyfriend to be specific) aren't so understanding about friendships with the opposite sex. She looked me dead in the eye and said "Well, that's because I'm not threatened by you in the least, Terri." Talk about an ego deflater, but from that moment on, I knew she was perfect for him.

Zdobycz cywilizacji , my friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monty said...

I think it's great! Good friends are hard to find. Just as hard to keep if you don't see a lot of them.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home