Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Omaha - where the men are men and the sheep are nervous

"Spead it...blow on it...then taste it."
~shopgirl demonstrating flavored Kama Sutra oil

"I'm smart, but I've been getting by on my looks for so long, no one knows it."
~Birthday girl Heather

"How many songs are on this damn CD anyway?"
~Chris from the backseat while listening to INXS' Greatest Hits

"I think Chris is asleep. Too bad we didn't bring any squirty cheese...her mouth is open, we could just spray it in there. That'd wake her up."
"Nah, that wouldn't do it, she'd just go "ummm, cheddar!" in her sleep."
~ Terri and Heather, somewhere on I-29 North

"Okay, here's the deal: if we stop for a pee break, we must take inventory of Heather's belongings before the stop and after."
~Terri (inside scoop: on our roadtrip to Denver this spring, Heather left her purse in a truckstop restroom along I-70. We were an hour outside of KC when she realized it. We backtracked to Salina and found it...)

"Is it beer-thirty yet?"
~Terri

"Nope, it's only 12:13. I guess it could be beer-thirteen."
~Heather

"Yeah, that's not really your best postition, Ter..."
~Chris

"It's only 6:45. The show doesn't start until 7:30. Do we really want to go in that early..."
"There's a bar upstairs..."
"My four favorite words!"
~Terri and the guy at the will call window

"Up the stairs of death he means."
~ Chris

"Why don't you figure out where you want to sit and we'll just follow you."
~Heather to Chris after changing seats 3 times

"My God, she's so excited to see Ray, she's vibrating!"
~Heather

"$4.50 for chips and salsa?!"
"Even though we're also ordering dinner?"
"And a $20 pitcher of margaritas?"
~all of us at the Mexican place

"Someone is smoking some weed, I can smell it right here by the elevator."
~Terri

"Well, you tell me what you want and I bring it to you."
~our smart-ass waiter at breakfast

The trip to Omaha was a blast. I highly suggest that if you get the chance, go see Ray LaMontagne in concert. It was a very unpretentious show, just him, his guitar and a guy on string bass. In this world of lip synching entertainment it was incredible to see someone so talented just get up and sing for two hours. No light show, no dancers, no wardrobe changes...just incredible talent.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

You guys are so funny. Sounds like a great concert!! I would love to see him perform live.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Monty said...

Sounds like you had the perfect trip.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I love the comments! LOL!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home