Friday, October 28, 2005

Good Housekeeping

So, I was talking with my friend A the other day about how much we hate housecleaning. It's not like it's a hard chore to do, I just hate it. Until one evening several years ago, I decided to reward myself with wine. Hear me out...you clean a room, you get a new glass of wine. It's genius. Although, through trial and error I have discovered that it's best to start with the bathroom and kitchen since those rooms must be clean, and then move on to other rooms that can be half-assed if you want. By the time you're finished, you're quite tipsy and not so pissed that you just spent 3 hours chasing cat hair around the house. You know you're going to try it. I recommend starting with a nice Cabernet; it takes longer to drink than a sweet white. One small tip though, you must clean...don't sit down with your glass of wine and start reading the latest book you just bought from B & N, because the next thing you know, you've finished your book, a bottle of wine and still haven't cleaned a thing. Not that I've done that or anything.

A on the other hand makes quite a production of cleaning: he wears his pajamas, pink satin pumps and a Lucy wig. No shit. He says it's hard to take yourself seriously wearing a bright red Lucille Ball wig and you know, I believe it. Once in a while he does don a feather boa as well, but my guess is that's just when he's feeling saucy. And I'm sure it's quite the sight to behold: a gay 6'4" man, wearing a firey red wig, pink pumps and a white boa. Hell, it's cracking me up right now.

We promised the next time housecleaning duties rolled around, we would try each other remedies to see how they worked. Anyone know where I can find a Lucy wig by Saturday?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea! It would sure make the cleaning more fun. LOL.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

LOL! I *love* this idea. You know that I will try it. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

Have fun at the party this weekend! :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home