Thursday, September 06, 2007

Damn the Man!!

I got a nice letter last week from the Missouri Bureau of Taxation informing me that I had not filed a state tax return for 2003. And true enough, after going through my files, I discovered they were right. I am a tax evader and didn't even know it!!

The Man has given me until 11 September to correct this oversight, so I went to their website and filled in all the info from my 2003 W2 and discovered that I owe the state of Missouri $75. That's right, $75....which includes the penalty. Don't know how Missouri survived these past few years without my money. I feel so bad...all the problems at the KCMO school district: totally my fault. All the potholes: my fault. The delay in finishing the Light District: my fault. Not having as much money for stadium improvements: my fault. The Chiefs and the Royals threatening to leave because of the shortage: my fault.

I thought about including a note of apology for letting the city down, but instead I mailed my check yesterday with a nice post it on it that said 'Damn the Man!' Now I'll probably get audited.

11 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I always suspected you had a criminal streak.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

i dont' know how you live with yourself. i hope you get what you deserve.

changing topics...
are you ready for some football!?!?!

our flag football league starts this weekend as well!

2:07 PM  
Blogger DrDon said...

It's people like you who give taxes a bad name. If you'd just pay on time and be done with it, everyone would get along fine. But noooooooo. All the other residents paid their taxes but you're special...

3:06 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Tim: You have no idea. I'm a rebel I tell you! A rebel!

Spacks: I am so ashamed... And hell yeah I'm ready for some football!! Can I be a cheerleader for your flag football team? (and pssst: Tim said you run like a girl, but don't tell him I told you.)

Doc: Whatever. To quote Leona Helmsey: "Only the little people pay taxes."

4:38 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Soon we'll see you on the 10 most wanted list! ;)

GO EAGLES!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Don...you have no idea just how special she is. Ask her, she'll tell ya!! Always going against the grain and then pleads innocent!!

Luv ya baby sis!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

kc,

yes, you can be a cheerleader. as for tim, well i'm co-captain and we had final cuts last night. sadly, tim didn't make it.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Actually, I said Carl ran like an old softball player. A girl could easily outrun Carl.

12:02 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Vixen: That's why I stay out of Post Offices.

Kel: You're just jealous because I'm mom's favorite.

Carl: I'll fluff up my pom poms and be right there. You cut Tim? Meany.

Tim: Actually, you are right as usual, my dear. You said softball player and I replied with 'Carl runs like a lesbian?' or something un-PC like that.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao. you rock!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you weren't taken into custody.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home