Friday, August 10, 2007

Just like home

My mom totally gets me and likes to play in my reindeer games...this is from our email conversation yesterday.

kctl: Okay, I booked my flight for October.
Arrive KC: October 12, 9:18am
Depart KC: October 15, 10:00am

Do I need to make travel arrangements for Mere's Taxi Service to and from the airport or is that included with the reservation at Mere's Bed & Breakfast? I have no special diet needs, but do request a loaf of Crown Room Oat Bread, if possible. I will pay extra for delivery if necessary. Also, I seem to recall from previous visits a delightful canine named Bo. I do hope he is available for a rousing game of 'fetch' sometime during my trip.

Mere: Yes, taxi service is part of your reservation, although you may have to share with another passenger who tends to shed, so wear white. The B&B is also available; I will have the maid do up the bed with clean sheets. Bo will be delighted to play as many games of 'fetch' as your arm can handle (we ask that you remember that Bo is on a doggie diet and please do not over feed him treats, as you have done in the past). The request for Oat Bread will be filled if at all possible. Are there any other culinary requests? We also have a full salon ready for any hair care needs you may have while visiting our fair city...shall I call Mindy to schedule an appointment?

kctl: Wear white, duly noted. Please don't have the maid go to any extra trouble, I'm sure the sheets are fine (as I think I was your last guest). Although, a chocolate mint on the pillow would be appreciated (just be sure the shedding mongrel that lives there doesn't get to it first). If the Oat Bread is not available, Sourdough would be an acceptable substitute. As for other culinary requests, will selections from the Winter menu be available? If so, I would like to place pre-orders for chili and your signature Italian Stew. And yes, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please schedule an appointment with Mindy; late Friday morning will fit best with my weekend activities.

As it gets closer to travel time, I'll have my people get with your people to go over the final details.

And as always, thank you for making me feel right at home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl Spackler said...

Mere,
my flight will be arriving in KC around the sametime as your "other" guest and therefore, i was wondering if the shuttle can pick me up as well?

also, i would like the presidential suite in your B&B if its available.

KC,
perhaps we can finally have a beverage at Cashews?!?!?

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl....
The shuttle always has room for one
more,and the Presidential Suite will be ready as well, with clean linens, a remote control and a cold brewski......

6:33 AM  
Blogger afromabq said...

i loved reading this. shows the love (and humor) you and your mom share. so sweet.

7:28 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Carl: If you show, I'll buy. :)

Mere: There's a Presidential Suite?! Fine, give it to Carl...see if I care. I mean, I'm only your baby daughter...who lives far away that you haven't seen for months, but that's okay...I see how it is.

Toes: My Mere is the bestest!!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home