Monday, August 06, 2007

I believe in love

It's obvious from my previous post that I am sad...and heartbroken. I met someone and fell pretty hard and fast for him. I didn't expect to, especially given the circumstances, but I did.

We met in Vegas and from the beginning, it seemed all odds were against us ever getting together, the least of which being we live in different states. Things started innocently enough when we both got back to our real lives. An email here, a text there, just getting to know each other...next thing you know, he was in Denver for work and that's when everything changed. We spent two days together and when he left to go home, it felt as if someone had ripped my heart out. The past few months have been amazing, learning the little things...the things we have in common and the things we taught each other. Growing closer didn't change the fact that there are circumstances that cannot - or even possibly should not- be changed right now, so over the weekend, we decided to end things. It's been two days and I can't get my head around the fact that it's over.

I miss him.

6 Comments:

Blogger DrDon said...

Hey KC - Hang in there. Seems like finding a relationship where the stars are aligned correctly is something like winning the lottery. Still, humans keep trying. As much as there is to loathe about our species, this ability to not only recover but to persevere is one of the things to admire. Give yourself the time you need to be sad. And just remember that all your friends in the digital realm have you in their thoughts.

6:35 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Don: thanks, I needed that. Why is it so difficult to find someone you like, who likes you and just be? I meant what the title says, I do believe in love, I guess that's why I let it kick my ass over and over again.

How are things in your world? I know you're going thru your own loss...I'm thinking of you too.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

i'm sorry to hear this. i thought your post was going to end with him getting a new job and relocating to Denver.

hope you are ok.

your #1 fan in Virginia

8:25 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Spacks: sadly, that isn't the case...we're just not meant to be right now, I guess.

I'm doing better, thanks, John.

3:03 PM  
Blogger DrDon said...

KC - Thanks for asking. Hangin' in, like you. Sometimes that's really all you can do.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i'm so sorry hon. that's got to be so hard. i don't want you to be sad.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home