Friday, June 22, 2007

Road Rules

I think the Vatican left a few things off of their Driver Commandments list. Think the Pope will add my suggestions?

  • The merge lane is just that - a MERGE lane. Not a come-to-a-complete-fucking-stop-until-there-is-no-traffic-for-3-miles lane.
  • If the turn lane starts half a block ahead of your turn, it's okay to get in it that early. Don't slow your 1974 Buick to a freakin' crawl in my lane. Get the fuck over and out of my way!
  • I realize the speed limit is the max you can go on the road, and yes, it's probably a good idea to be aware of it, but for the love of God, is it too much to ask that you at least drive in the ballpark of the speed limit and not 10 miles below it?
  • While waiting to make a left turn please grow some balls and turn when a car is more than a block away. You'll make it, I promise. Trust me you'll feel better about yourself, women will dig you and you'll look taller.
  • If you're gonna ride my ass for several miles, the least you could do is buy me dinner first.
  • Christ on a cracker!! Why will no one pass a cop when he is driving below the speed limit? It's a cop car, not a pace car! Besides, he's just doing it to fuck with you.
  • You have the right of way at a blinking yellow light.
  • You can also turn right on red.
  • Don't pull out in front of me and then slow down, it really pisses me off. That really should be a capital offense, punishable by death.
  • I don't care how late you are to the office, lady, put your fucking make-up away!! It's chicks like you that give women drivers a bad name.
  • If you and I pull up at a 4-way stop at the same time, and I give you the universal signal for "you go ahead" don't just sit there looking at me...it's not a devious trick on my part. I really mean, GO AHEAD!
  • When I let you in a line of traffic ahead of me I expect a wave, motherfucker.
  • Also, to the women who drive freakin' mammoth SUV to take the little kiddies to soccer: learn how to drive the damn thing or take goddamn the bus.
  • If you cannot parallel park correctly, don't parallel park at all. That way, there will be no need to glare at me when you open your car door into traffic because you parked three feet away from the curb.
  • Don't ignore all the signs that say "left lane closed" and ride it to the very end and then give me dirty looks because I won't let you in, fucktard. I'll break a cardinal rule and ride the ass of the person in front of me just to be certain you can't squeeze in. And I'll wave at you as I pass by. I realize that makes me a bitch but I really don't care.
  • And really, dudes should never drive Mini Coopers, VW Bugs or Mazda Miatas. I don't care if you are the hetero-est hetero who ever heteroed a hetero, these are chick cars and driving one makes you look gay. Oh, and your friends are assholes because they know this and they let you buy one anyway.

13 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

If you're driving in the fast lane on the interstate, you’d better be:

a. passing someone (and once you finish you’ll move into the slow lane), or
b. driving fast!

9:35 AM  
Blogger tinyhands said...

So mean, that last bullet.

1:07 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Tim: totally right there with you, dude

Tiny: I meant everybody who drives a Miata but you. (But you can't tell me you don't agree with the Bug and Mini though, I mean, come on!)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao. i so never get big guys that drive tiny cars.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

the left lane is for passing. people for some reason forget this. its for FUCKING PASSING!

i hate those bastards on cell phones who suddenly slow down to a crawl while talking and driving thus causing major problems.

about your last comment...i totally agree about miata's and VW bugs. however, i've heard mini cooper's are fun as hell to drive.

9:48 AM  
Blogger My Boring Best said...

I completely agree with all of these rules. They are dead-on.

As for Mini Coopers, Carl is correct. I test drove one and they really are a zippy little blast to drive. It's like being in a nice go-cart on the highway.

But yeah, they are kinda gay and stuff. That's why I didn't go with one.

The other thing about drives that I loathe is constant looking around. If you are driving a vehicle, keep your head looking in the direction that you are driving in! Stop looking around as you slowly meander around.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen on the merge lane. People just can't seem to grasp the physics of the situation. The more you diverge from the speed the cars on the highway, the harder it is to merge.

7:31 AM  
Blogger tinyhands said...

I was just thinking that my next car might be a convertible Mini Cooper S.

Would it help if I somehow proved my masculinity to you?

9:36 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Tiny: no need...I already know you are the studliest stud that ever studded.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

kc,
what are you doing for july 4? also, when are you putting up a new post?!?!?

11:56 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Spacks: I'm spending the 4th in Golden, watching fireworks and drinking beer. Just like the Founding Fathers intended.

I'll try to get a new post up on Thursday. Sorry I've been a bad blogger and deserve to be punished. :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger DrDon said...

KC - Great rules. Only one to add from my daily commute:

That big red triangle shaped sign? It means YIELD asshole! And it's on YOUR side of the highway, not mine.

Thanks. I feel better now. And thanks for the meet and greet in Denver. A stand up town, by the way.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I am so hearing you on the courtesy wave!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home