Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A kctl update for Spackler

Don't send out a search party quite yet, Spacks...I'm here, just very, very busy at work. The Year of the Terri is coming along swimmingly. I have managed to do one new thing each month so far:

January: pub crawl on Colfax
February: attended KU/CU basketball game
March: saw a frozen dead guy
April: found my way through the Wash Park area without getting lost
May: went to Vegas

Coming attractions:
June: first Red Rocks concert (John Butler Trio)
July: spending a week in Alaska
August: seeing John Hiatt and Shawn Colvin in Vail

Not all the events are earth shattering, but they were all new and that's what counts!

As for Memorial Day, two of my bestest girlfriends (and their boyfriends) came to visit...and I can honestly say we had a great time! We were a bit crowded, even splitting everyone up between Dawn's place and my place. Julie McCoy, Cruise Director (aka Dawn) went into overdrive planning the weekend. It rocked. Friday: Coors (short) Tour followed by a pub crawl through Golden and dinner at the best BBQ place west of Kansas City; Saturday: Boulder Creek Festival in Boulder and then The Rio for margaritas and lunch ending with dinner at Dawn & Mark's; Sunday: took it kind of easy with brunch and Bloody Mary's in the morning before heading downtown for the afternoon; Monday: BBQ at D&M's house before I took everyone to the airport. I miss these girls so much we could've just stayed inside for three days and I would have been thrilled.

I tried my best to be Julie McCoy, Jr., but it's harder than it looks!! I'll get a bit more practice when another friend comes to town in June.

And another man?! What are you talking about Carl? You know you're the only man for me!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Um, just so that we're clear....did you actually set out to see a frozen dead guy?

10:31 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Jay: Weird as it sounds, yup, we did. There is a frozen dead guy in Nederland, CO (they keep him on ice in a Tuff Shed...I'm not kidding) and every year they have a festival to celebrate 'Grandpa' and raise money to keep him in that state. Strange, I know, but it seems his family couldn't afford to have him cyrogenically frozen do they put him on dry ice instead. It was an awesome time.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

well hooraay for kc!

i'm looking forward to reading about your adventures throughout the year!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home