Monday, April 23, 2007

New World Order

Dodie: I've got it all figured out.

kctl: Got what all figured out?

Dodie: What I'm going to be when I grow up. I've got a plan.

kctl: Plans are good. Let's hear it...

Dodie: I'm going to go to the University of Colorado and get my degree in Political Science.

kctl: That's a good start...CU is a good school. Then what?

Dodie: Then I'll be the govenor of Colorado.

kctl: Uh-huh.

Dodie: That's only for a few years, because in 2027, I'm going to be President. I'll be the youngest President ever!

kctl: Honey, that's great, but you can't be President at 30. You have to be at least 35 to run for President. Why don't you go into the Senate for a few years first?

Dodie: Because I want to be the youngest President. Why can't I be President at 30?

kctl: Because that's the rule. It's in the Constitution.

Dodie: Fine. Guess I'll be a Senator first.

kctl: Okay, so when you run for President, what's your platform going to be? What are your issues? Are you a Democrat or a Republican?

Dodie: Well, the first thing I'm going to do is create "Skittles World." It'll have roller coasters and water rides and bags of Skittles everywhere. Oh, and it'll all be free!!

kctl: Free? How are you going to pay for it? That would cost millions and millions to build and operate.

Dodie: I'll just tax everybody.

kctl (laughing): That would make you a Democrat.

Dodie: Whatever. Fine. I'll charge everybody $10 to get in.

kctl: So, then, what about poor people? How will you help them?

Dodie: I'll make them get jobs.

kctl (laughing): Now that'd make you a Republican. Okay. So, what about your foreign policy?

Dodie: What's that?

kctl: Well, that's how you handle America's relationships with other countries.

Dodie: Oh, that's easy. I'll just turn all the other countries in the world into Americas.

kctl: Now I get it, you just want to rule the world!! You don't want to be President, you want to be a dictator.

Dodie: Does that mean everybody would have to do what I say?

kctl: Yep.

Dodie: Awesome! I want to be a dictator then.

kctl: My niece the dictator...sounds good. It'll be a new world order!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Carl Spackler said...

i scored TWO touch downs in my flag football league yesteday.

i dedicated one of them to you.

9:01 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Aww, that's sweet Carl... Did you do a a touchdown dance in the endzone?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Gotta love the dreams of a child. :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

That was funny. Was that a real conversation?

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn that's so cute! kids should be allowed to run for president.

11:22 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Vixen: My nephew (12) has decided that being a lawyer takes too much school, so he's going to flip burgers instead.

Scott: Yep, Dodie is my 10 year old niece and she's decided that she wants to be President. She's a very funny little girl.

Kate: I know! I'd totally go to a place called 'Skittles World'!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

You may as well just pack up and move to Cuba right now.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

schoompie,

do you think kansas will loose Rush?

i hope he stays.

have a great weekend!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home