Friday, April 06, 2007

Almost Home

Lately I've been obsessed with the concept of home. What makes a place a home? Does it have to be a place? Could it be a feeling? A person?

Since I moved to Denver, I've been wondering, where is my home? Is it in Kansas City with the people and places I grew up with? Is it in Small Town, USA where my grandparents live, even though I've never lived there? Is it in the love I have for my family? Is it in the love they have for me? Is it in the growing pains I'm having in my new city? I think home, for me anyway, is in all of these things. Home can be many things at once, can't it?

There's no such thing as no regrets
But baby it's alright
I'm not running
I'm not hiding
I'm not reaching
I'm just resting in the arms of the great wide open
Gonna pull my soul in
And I'm almost home
Mary Chapin Carpenter, "Almost Home"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's probably the place where you feel more comfortable, relaxed, and right than any other place in the world.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think i've ever felt truly at home anywhere. i'm still waiting for that place where i belong.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home