Thursday, April 05, 2007

Opposites attract

I confess: I'm bad with money. I mean, really bad with money. I pay my bills on time (for the most part) and try very hard to put something in my savings account each payday, but I am (thus far) unable to create a budget and stick to it. I have gone to a cash only existence by cutting up my credit cards and not using my debit card. 'Cash or nothing' is my new motto. I need someone to give me an allowance.

Dawn (who is very good with money, by the way) has graciously offered to help me by creating a budget that she swears I can live with. We'll see. Anyway, Sunday is D-Day. Here's a bit of an email exhange we had today:

kctl:Linda's obsession with Excel spreadsheets is rubbing off on me, so I'll have everything on a spreadsheet for Sunday.

After you get my finances organized, wanna tackle my closets? Hee! Only kidding, I love you too much to torture you like that.


Dawn: You know I would love to do that. We can do both on Sunday, but you are going to have to be brutal. My rule is if it doesn't fit, you don't like it or you haven't worn it in a year (except for dressy stuff) it goes. Oh... I'm so excited!!! Do I need to bring hangers? "WE" only use plastic.

kctl: You're weird. Very, very weird. Let's save the closets for next weekend. We wanna pace ourselves.

Dawn: Okay. :(

kctl: Don't be so glum, the closet mess isn't going anywhere. I promise. Heck, we might even look under the bed. And dresser drawers. There's plenty of organization to be done! My bedroom alone could keep us busy for a month.

Dawn: Ahhhh! Thanks for making me feel better!!

I mean, really, who gets excited about cleaning/organizing closets? Weirdos, that's who!! I'm going to have to clean my closets before I can let her help me clean my closets! It's a wonder that this self-confessed slob and a neat-nik like her have been friends for so long, but as they say, opposites attract.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in the same exact predicamet. my friend stace put me in a budget. i cut up my cards and live on cash. kinda sucks, no? lol.

11:54 AM  
Blogger tinyhands said...

Your cry for help is heard. Credit cards aren't evil, but only you can prevent yourself from using them. Tame the "want" and everything else will fall into line.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home