Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Solitary

I drive alone with my mind

fighting thoughts of this kind

In the darkness of these naked, empty streets

I'm free to just breathe

He said I'm the queen of random phone calls

I explained it's just this time of year

These awkward conversations, these constant isolations

And this town is bringing me down

So bogged down with this, this flesh and bone

I'm not supposed to feel quite this alone

Amidst this clutter, watch me stumble, step and fall

I haven't the strength to get back up

'Cause I am empty, floating loveless

Cut me and I bleed only dust
Reposted from March 2006

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The imagery and emotion here is just so powerful. It has an urban sort of beauty.

I hope you find yourself in a very different place at this point one year later.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

It's funny how quiet unites us in our solitary, morbid thoughts.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish that i had the ability to express myself this way. it must be so freeing.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home