Friday, April 27, 2007

For Mere

i used to stand in your shoes
wishing i could be you
all i needed was your arms around me
and i was happy
you were the sun and the moon
i thought you were so beautiful

and now some of your hair has turned gray
never thought you'd look this way
so much has changed
except your arms around me
still makes me happy
and i still think you're beautiful


this is just my way to let you know
what i so often fail to show
just how much i feel
you are still the sun and the moon
and you will always be beautiful

Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was beatiful and i'm sure your mother will love it. what a special woman she's raised. :)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks "little one" what a sweet
birthday present. I love you too...
and miss you!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

happy birthday KC's mom!

1:44 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Kate: Thanks...and I'm sure she'd debate you on that last part (about me being grown up, that is...LOL)

Mommy: You're most welcome. I'm glad you like it. I was sure you'd have something to say about the 'gray hair' part, like how they're all my fault.

Spacks: I know that made her day. She's got a crush on you. Like mother, like daughter.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

I wish I could write poetry that beautiful! Happy Birthday to KC's Mom! :)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home