Thursday, November 02, 2006

Two-Month Update (aka: State of the kcterrilynn Address)

I'm here...I'm alive...no need to send out a search party...wait, seriously, who'm I kidding, saying no to a party? As long as there are cocktails, I guess a search party is okay. I'll bring the ice.

  • Don't believe the crap about horrible Denver winters. One day, 10 inches of snow and a snow day for grown-ups, next day, sunshine and no snow in sight.
  • Park in downtown Denver at your own risk. If the parking Nazi's catch the shadow of your car on the dividing line between two parallel parking spaces it'll cost you $20. Just ask me about it and I'll be glad to tell you. Using various bad words. Words that make my mother give me the 'look.' (Sorry, Mere, but it fuckin' pissed me off!)
  • (This one's for you, Chris) Of my own free will, I've started drinking Coors Light. On tap. I don't know if it's because I'm poor or if there's some subliminal thing going on, but it's true.
  • I've also started drinking PBR (but not PBR in a can). I know. You don't need to say it. I blame Matt. He puts a lime in it and calls it a PBRona. And it's not horrible.
  • In KC I didn't make my bed for weeks (months...okay, years) at a time, but since I moved, I'm making the damn thing every morning. What the hell is that about? (It's true, Mom, don't think I can't see you shaking your head.)
  • Slowly but surely I'm finding my way around. I know which highways lead me to downtown (work), Arvada (home), Golden (drinking), or Boulder (shopping). You know, the important things in life.
  • I now recoginze my car with Colorado plates and no longer pass by it in parking lots. Hell, I even cussed out a driver from Missouri last week for cutting me off. (Not that that's any different from living in KC...Kansas drivers cussed out Missouri drivers all the time. And vice versa.)
  • I've never seen so many hot, scruffy, Harley riding men in all my life. Nor have I seen so many hot, bald, Harley riding men in all my life. Not to mention all the hot, long-haired, hippie, tree loving, granola men and the hot, clean-cut, college preppy types. Damn, there are good-looking men everywhere! Seriously, all you ladies should come to Denver. Plenty o' eye-candy. Or I could be oxygen starved into thinking all the guys are hot.
  • After months of enjoying smoke-free clubs, I spent last Friday night at the only bar in Denver where you can smoke inside...a strip club called PT's. (It was Matt's birthday and his call on where we celebrated.)
  • A first: I wore a do-rag in public. And looked damn good, if I do say so myself.

All in all, things are going okay. And kcterrilynn is alright. Sad sometimes, happy sometimes, drunk sometimes. It's just like home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aliecat said...

Coors Light on tap with 3 olives is manna from heaven.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're too cute. i'm so glad that you're settling in. and i'm still very proud of you for taking the leap. you go girl.

oh and lotsa hot men you say? maybe i should move to colorado. lol.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

glad you are back to blogging and getting settled in.

however,
i'm a little upset. just the other day you told me you were at a bar drinking Boddington's while writing in your diary (any girl who goes to a bar to write in her diary is #1 in my book)and now you are drinking Coors Light and PBR?!?!?

i'm tempted to hop on the next flight to denver and give you a spankin'!

i read somewhere that Denver gets an insane amount of sunlight during the year. sounds like a great place.
keep us posted!

11:51 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Carl, did you miss the part where I said I was poor? Poor drunks can't be choosy. When the job works out, I'll be back to my regular IPAs, brew pub ales, and Boddingtons. Am I still gonna get that spanking? (Please?)

And yes, Denver does get an insane amount of sunshine every year...average of 300 days of it. Yeah, 300 days. Can't freakin' beat that.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

ok, i understand now. you really can't beat pbr when it comes to price.

you can certainly get a spankin'!

5:48 PM  
Blogger afromabq said...

kc, snow and sunshine, that's why we love the southwest! parking nazi - hahahaha; coors light isn't bad, it's not great, but it's not bad; hot men huh?? they must be there 'cause they're not here!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home