Monday, July 31, 2006

The things that get you through the day

A brief email conversation between some really bored girlfriends...

kctl: Okay, ladies, job interview call back...Do I? Don't I? It's such a catch-22, some say check in right away, because it makes you a go-getter; some say don't check in right away because it makes you too eager. ARRGGHHHH!!!

Kathy: It's been more than a week. I'd say you're good to call.

kctl: Okay, I'll call. Man, this is more nerve-wracking than asking a guy out!!!

Chris: That's only because you have much less practice with interviewing. :)

Tina: Daaammnn... you are on a roll today!

Kathy: So harsh! How is it that I have more practice with interviewing than asking a guy out? That's just freakin' sad.

kctl: No biggie y'all, Ms. Chris simply speaks the truth. And it made me laugh. That's a big plus right now. Okay, okay, I'm calling, I'm calling..

Chris: Worry not, Kathy. Terri is a trail blazer. We could all stand to learn a little from her when it comes to asking men out.

Kathy: Terri, will you be my Jedi master?

kctl: Ah, Grasshopper, I have so much to teach, so little time... Okay, now I’m really calling...I swear!!!

kctl: GRRRRR!!!! Voicemail. I left a totally dorky message. I asked about the status of the job. Who talks like that?! Dorks, that's who...

Kathy: Good job calling. Can't win if you don't play (at least that's what they tell me). And who doesn't sound like a dork in this process. It's cruel and inhumane.

Tina: Inhumane and humiliating... God, I think I would rather ask guys out. Really, much easier.

kctl: Well at least when you ask out guys it's okay if you're drunk, job interviews, not so much. Which I think should change, posthaste.

Tina: Just think...how many jobs could we be hired for if drunk? I can be a verrrry charming drunk. It's quite possible that I could be running Microsoft.

kctl: Although if you're drunk, wouldn't it be 'Micro-schoft'?

Tina: True, but it would be charming. I could totally get a way with it. Drinking in the workplace is underrated.

kctl: I totally agree! Think of the ways it could revolutionize business. Drinking games during board meetings:

outside the box = one drink
networking = one sip
go-getter = one drink
downsize = chug

It'd be fuckin' great!!!

Tina: Sometimes your brain really freaks me out.

kctl: You and me both, sister.

Tina: God help you in that thin mountain air.

kctl: Hmmm, hadn't thought of that. Coming soon: New Mountain Air Terri, 20% less oxygen, 100% loopier!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carl Spackler said...

you girls are nutty like squirrel shit.

2:55 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

True, but you love me anyway, right?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

of course. except when the J-E-T-S jets, jets, jets play the chiefs who are coached by the "Traitor".

6:07 PM  
Blogger afromabq said...

loopy's good....that means we'll just laugh even more at your posts!

7:49 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Carl: Jets schmets, babe. Get behind a real team.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oooo, I was going through this not too long ago, Girl. I totally feel your pain.

It will happen. I know it. Right when you're not planning on it or expecting it... Eeek!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home