Friday, March 17, 2006

Solitary

I drive alone with my mind
fighting thoughts of this kind
In the darkness of these naked, empty streets
I'm free to just breathe
He said I'm the queen of random phone calls
I explained it's just this time of year
These awkward conversations, these constant isolations
And this town is bringing me down
So bogged down with this, this flesh and bone
I'm not supposed to feel quite this alone
Amidst this clutter, watch me stumble, step and fall
I haven't the strength to get back up
'Cause I am empty, floating loveless
Cut me and I bleed only dust

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

:( I know how that feels... sorry you feel this way...

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit, Sistergirlfriend. When did you write that? I still contend you are going to school for the wrong career.

2:02 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Ian- thanks. This is actually from a few years ago... I was far from my family and feeling horribly alone.

Chris- so you've been telling me for years. You have to know how much I value your opinion, but I'm afraid you're more than a little biased, my dear friend. :)

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home