Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blah, blah, blah spring fever cakes

I have spring fever something fierce. I want to get the hell out of town for a month. Obviously, since I've not won the lottery, that's not possible, but it doesn't stop me from wishing it could be. Yesterday, the sun was shining and it was a perfect 72 degrees outside. I spent my lunch hour watching the city come out of hibernation: shoppers on The Plaza, people lunching outside, workers tending to the spring flowers that are starting to bloom...it was a great way to pass the time.

I am in the planning stages for a much-needed-week-long-trip to Denver to visit my best friend. And I can't wait!! To be truthful, it's 10% excitement to get out of town and 90% excitement to see Dawn. Lord, I miss her. She's one of those people who simply makes me happy, no matter what's going on.

Okay, so here are some way random thoughts:

  • On my way to work this morning, I was being tailgated by a car with a Jesus license plate on the front bumper, so I didn't feel bad when I said 'Jesus Christ, would you get off my ass?'
  • I saw a lady walking her cat on a leash yesterday afternoon. I laughed my ass off. The cat looked embarrassed.
  • Why is it in emails that some people won't write the word 'fuck' but it's okay to use 'f**k'? Aren't you still cussing? Or at the very least making the person reading your email cuss?
  • And why do those same people write 'G*d' instead of 'God'? I've never seen anyone use 'J***s'. What's the difference?
  • Let me preface this by saying that I hate WalMart with the heat of a thousand suns, but I stopped in yesterday afternoon to buy some potting soil (it was on sale). Anyway, I used their self check out thing and decided to get cash back on my debit card and save a trip to the ATM. The damn stuff rang up at the wrong price and it took 3 cashiers 15 minutes to figure out how to fix it. By the time I was finished I was so pissed I just wanted to get the hell out of there. And, you guessed it, I left my $20 at the damn register. Serves me right. Fuckin' WalMart.
  • While talking with friends about jogging for excercise I told them that the only reason for me to run is if I'm being chased by a bear. With PMS. And it's holding my Visa bill.
  • My new musical addiction is the soundtrack to Grey's Anatomy. Fuckin' rocks.
  • And, sorry for the short notice, but there's only eight shopping days left until my birthday. Y'all better get on it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

I have spring fever too and feel the urgent need to see some palm trees. Alas, here I sit at work. Guess I'll have to settle for dreams..

10:09 AM  
Blogger afromabq said...

F*%*ing Walmart! :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger tinyhands said...

What do you want for your birthday, and should I just put a bow on it?

10:58 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Vix- palm trees would be great right about now...

Abq- amen, sister!

tiny- do you need help tying that? ;)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

"Jesus Christ, would you get off my ass?

Heh, heh, heh. Well, at least you had a good excuse for saying it. No "Hail Marys" required... ... Ooo, I like that: NHMR (or "no-mar")! I'm gonna light it - see if it catches fire.

Cheers,
EmRB

8:41 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I have spring fever too! I'm craving a getaway as well. Your trip to Denver sounds like it will be awesome!

I love your random thoughts as always. ;)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

And, you guessed it, I left my $20 at the damn register. Serves me right. Fuckin' WalMart.

I don't believe in "signs", but I'd say there's a good one to heed regardless.

Yep. Effin' WalMart!

(heheheh)

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home