Thursday, February 02, 2006

Have mercy

Dear Algebra Gods,

I know I've cursed you in the past, but I'm asking for that to please be forgotten. I hope you aren't still holding a grudge for that incident in the 8th grade; I didn't mean it when I said Algebra was evil. I was angry and needed to blame someone. I'm very sorry about that and yes, I know we've had our differences, but I'd really like to make amends. I enrolled in Algebra this semester in good faith and with the hope that I might actually understand you. Anyway, I have a math test tonight and I could really use your help. I don't expect special treatment, just please let me remember the basics. I've been trying not to depend on your benevolence, and have taken steps to actually learn the procedures (a radical step, I know): three nights a week I go to the library and work and re-work my homework assignments. I might even go so far as to say that some of it makes sense. I'm not asking for an 'A,' I mean, please, who are we kidding? But a 'C+' would really do a lot to build my math confidence.

In the name of Algebra, Geometry and Trig I pray. Amen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Robb said...

Come on...it's not that bad, is it???

9:30 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

robb- honey, you have no idea

10:39 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

If you need a tutor...ask Robb ;)

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know of a 10 1/2 year old that would love to tutor you!! Seriously - if you need help, you are related to a math genius - well maybe not genius, but from where you are standing in Algebra Hell - I may as well be one!!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

don't forget to have a drink on saturday in honor of my bday.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Ugh! All I can say is that I'm glad it's not me. ;)

9:00 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Vix- I'm ready to beg Robb for help :)

Sis- Yeah, I know. Rub it in why don't you?

Carl- Of course I'll have a drink in honor of your 30th! What's your drink of choice?

Marie- I hear ya. I wish is wasn't me either! :)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home