Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy birthday to me!!!!!!!!

I admit I anxiously await this day each year. It's less and less to celebrate getting older, but because my sister calls and sings 'Happy Birthday' to me first thing in the morning. And I mean, first thing, which for her is a big deal since she is the furthest thing from a morning person. Now, it's her and the kids calling to serenade me at the butt crack of dawn. And it might sound crazy, but it makes my day. Every damn year.

I was thinking last night that in my 36 years I've been blessed with some great people in my life: Mere, daddy, Teddy, Kelly, Tina, Dawn, Chris, Deez, Booger Butt, Dodie, Grammie & Grandad, Heather, JB, Jeff, Kristen, Steph, Kate, Brad, Kyle... To list them all would take a week, but on this day I just wanted to say that I love all of you and thanks for being my support, my humor, my heart, my life. I wouldn't be the same without you.

5 Comments:

Blogger afromabq said...

Happy B-day KC!! I love getting wiser, I'm not so crazy about the getting older (body deteriorating) thing. I would have guessed from your writing that you have so many loved ones in your life. Have a blessed day!

9:40 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Happy birthday! Yay! Is there cake? :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Abq- thanks...I'm not sure I'd agree with the getting wiser part. Some days I swear I'm like a 14 yr old. But the part about being blessed is true. :)

Ian- thank you. And of course there is cake! How can you celebrate a birthday without cake?!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

happy bday KC! are you going out for beverages? if so will i get anohter drunken email?!?!?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mando Mama said...

Happy Birthday! Never too old for CAKE.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home