Monday, June 05, 2006

An old favorite...

Whether it's the original version by Ani DiFranco or this remake by Alana Davis, "32 Flavors" remains one of my favorite songs. I love the sass of the lyrics:

...And god help you if you are an ugly girl
Cause too pretty is also your doom
Cuz everyone harbors a secret hatred
For the prettiest girl in the room
And god help you if you are a phoenix
And you dare to rise up from the ash
A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy
While you are just flying past...

I never tried to give my life meaning
By demeaning you
And I would like to state for the record
I did everything that I could do
I'm not saying that i'm a saint
I just don't want to live that way
No, I will never be a saint
But I will always say

Squint your eyes and look closer
I'm not between you and your ambition
I am a poster girl with no poster
I am thirty-two flavors and then some
And I'm beyond your peripheral vision
So you might want to turn your head
Cuz someday you might find you're starving
And eating all of the words you said

I am thirty-two flavors and then some
And I'm beyond your peripheral vision
So you might want to turn your head...


Everybody should have a 32 flavors and then some attitude about themselves once in a while..,



3 Comments:

Blogger afromabq said...

i listened to the clip and it was awesome...i love finding new music and although she might not be "new" i haven't heard of her but really like her voice. lyrics and me....we go way back :).

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ter. I need to be reminded of my 32 flavors today. And of course as you know, I love me some Alana Davis. :)

Chris

8:08 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

I LOVE THIS SONG TOO! I am surprised (ok SHOCKED) that someone else knows Alana Davis's music. Very cool!

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home