Monday, May 01, 2006

Creepy...with a capital 'REEPY!'

Why do the ad execs for Gatorade insist on creeping me out? First there is the commercial for their Propel Fitness Water (which, seriously? is just fucking water!) with the people who appear from the drops as they drip from the bottle. Don't know why, but that commercial freaks me out. Then they moved onto the ones with the athletes being 'born' from soccer/volley/foot balls. It's not so much the visual that disturbs me, but the sounds! The squishy, ripping, moist, squicky sounds! EWWWWWWWWWW!! Now they've got the one with the giant heads of Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter and other athletes attached to little kid bodies. It's more than I can handle. (Actually anything to do with Manning is more than I can handle, but that's another post), but this is just too much. Why do advertisers think that creeping me out is the way to sell a product?!

4 Comments:

Blogger afromabq said...

i love those commercials....(sulks aways peevishly)....:)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

KC, what did you think of the chiefs draft?

11:29 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

No need to sulk away, abq. To each their own...

Carl- there was a draft? Just kidding. I'm ashamed to say that I don't follow the draft too closely. I know in the first round we got a DE from Penn (I think?) and truthfully, we need all the defensive help we can get. LOL. I caught part of a press conference from our GM but I tend to tune out Carl Peterson. He's a jackass. When he came to KC over 15 years ago said he had a 5 year plan to get us to the Super Bowl. Uh-huh. Tell us another one, jackass. (I really don't like the man, can you tell?)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Aliecat said...

Ugh, those commercials only creep me out slightly less the the Burger King ones.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home