Monday, May 29, 2006

This post brought to you by the letter "O"

Abq at Popscicle Toes had a great Meme that I wanted to try... She gives me a letter and I'm to post a list of ten words beginning with that letter with an explanation of what the word means to me. If anyone else wants to play along, just leave me a comment and aks for a letter. I will then assign letters to those who want to play along. It's kind of fun...and I promise no funky letters like Q, X or Z.

Abq gave me letter "O"

1) Oreo cookies: creme filling sandwiched between chocolate wafer cookies...what could be better? That's right, Double Stuff'd Oreos, baby!

2) October: My favorite month of the entire year. The heat of summer gives way to crisp, cool fall air. Green leaves turn into vibrant and vivid colors like gold, russet, red, orange, yellow and blanket the city. Simply gorgeous.

3) On the rocks: as in 'Margarita on the rocks, with salt.' There isn't anything better than a tasty, tart, tequila-y margarita on girl's night.

4) orgasm:
does this really need an explanation? Just let me say, the more the better...

5) 'Of Mice and Men': This is one of my top five favorite books of all time. I first read it in the 4th grade. My teacher told me the story was too advanced for me and I would never understand it. She was wrong, even then I loved how the relationship between George and Lennie was much more than friendship, it was deep and familial. I've read it too many times to count and I still dread the end when George finds Lennie at the river bank, and just as Lennie asks George to tell him about the farm and the rabbits...George hears Curley and the others coming and he shoots Lennie before the others get there. Brings tears to my eyes every damn time.

6) old denim shirt: For as long as I can remember I always loved wearing my dad's big, comfy button down shirts. The sleeves were six inches too long and the shirt tail hung almost too my knees, but that never mattered to me. By wearing those shirts, I felt safe and comforted. When I moved out, I 'accidently' took my favorite denim shirt with me and I have it to this day. Sure, the sleeves are frayed, buttons are missing and several spots have worn through, but it is one of my most treasured possessions.

7) omelets: Yum! Eggs, cheese and assorted veggies...served with a side of crisp bacon. How can you go wrong? (Well, other than adding mushrooms...)

8) ocean: I am a Pisces, which makes me the fish of the Zodiac with a love of water. My first glimpse of the ocean came on a family vacation when I was 15. We spent a week in California driving along the coast from San Diego to Big Sur and I stared out the window wanting to remember every gorgeous coastline view.

9) offense: and defense, as in football, baby! Teddy taught me the basics when I was 15 and I've been hooked ever since. Years later he said at the time he had no idea what a rabid fan he would create.

10) oversleeping: I try to be up at a decent time on the weekend, but to be honest, I usually choose to oversleep. I love to sleepily glance at the clock, realize it's not necessary for me to get up any time soon before easily drifting back to sleep.

Okay, there's my 'O' list...it was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. Anyway, if you want a letter, just let me know. And you know you want to...c'mon, join the Meme...all the cool bloggers are doing it...just try it...you don't want to be a nerd do you...we'll let you sit at the popular kids table at lunch... (Ack! Sorry, drifted into junior high peer pressure mode there for a second.)

5 Comments:

Blogger afromabq said...

that was awesome kc! love your "o" choices, especially "on the rocks" and ocean . . . ok, love orgasm too :).

8:02 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

nice list KC. you have left the door open however, becuase someone could ask if we could see your "O" face....but i won't go there.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Britney said...

I love 'Of Mice and Men'. The first time I read it was in 9th grade... I remember b/c my teacher (my favorite teacher of all time) would read it to us and do special voices as we read along and she had a great voice for Lennie.
I also recall that scene at the end you were talking about and my reaction of disbelief, talking to George as if he could hear me:
"Uh, George... what are you doin? You're not gonna? No George! You can't, that's not right! Stop"



He never did listen to me. Odd... great list. On the rocks is great and orgasm must be nice, I'll let everyone know when I ever get one. Ever.

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it. i want to play.

7:22 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Of course you want to play, Kate. You can't pass up a good Meme. :) Your letter is S.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home