Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks

The Rockies have made it to the post season and this town is going nuts. I missed the end of the game last night (in fact, went to bed around the 11th inning) but was woken up by honking and screaming to hear that the Rockies beat the Padres 9-8 in 13 innings.

And for the first time since 1985 I will watch the MLB playoffs. Then I cheered for the Royals, this time I'll cheer for the Rockies, because as the song says: "Root, root, root for the home team..."

(Just don't expect me to apply the same logic if the Donkeys happen to make it to the NFL playoffs...'cause: just no.)

Go Rockies!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carl Spackler said...

baseball is my favorite sport but since my beloved team (who i refuse to mention because their miserable collapse during the last two weeks of the season)has been eliminated i am now cheering for the Rockies.

8:56 AM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Spacks: could that possibly be the the M-E-T-S, which is kind of like your football team the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets but different.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home