Thursday, June 15, 2006

Coo-coo-ca-choo

On my way into work this morning I heard the song "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel. As I was singing along, the following lyric stopped me in my tracks and I started to ponder...

"Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
It's a little secret, just the Robinsons' affair
Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids"
Okay, so you all know what happens when I start to ponder...so let's think about this for a second: if you're hiding something from the kids, wouldn't a pantry with cupcakes be the LAST place to put it? And really, a pantry of cupcakes as a place where no one ever goes? Seriously? Not in my world. Of course people go there! That's where the cupcakes are! Now a pantry full of pickled pig parts? That'd be a different song all together.

3 Comments:

Blogger afromabq said...

i like when you ponder....it breaks up my otherwise boring day! now where would i hide a cupcake....ummmm, where i usually hide stuff, in my closet....no one can find stuff in there amongst who knows what....

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, i could so use a damn cupcake or two right now.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

any news on the move?

i heart KC. (you, not the city or football team)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home