Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Things I don't understand

Don't worry, I won't list them all, that could take weeks!!

  • Why people always ask you if it's cold enough outside for you. One of these days, I swear I'm going to respond with "No, fuckstick, it's not. What I'd really like is for my face to freeze solid and literally fall off...then it would be cold enough!"
  • Why people pay extra money for a personalized license plate with the make and/or model of the car on it. What, were you afraid that I wouldn't realize that you were driving a freakin' Lexus?
  • Or worse, when they put their name on the plates...did the creativity gene just skip right by you, Buddy?
  • Why do I love grapes (and peaches), but hate grape (and peach) flavored things?
  • Except for grape jelly (not jam) and peach jam (not jelly)?
  • Why did everyone in the deli look at me strange when I asked the guy behind the counter if he could warm up my muffin?
  • If someone asks you, "Can I ask you a question?" and you say "No," why do they get angry?
  • Why did I dream about penguins last night? And not ordinary penguins, but mutant, 6 foot tall, Spanish-speaking penguins.
  • And in this dream, why did I find that they spoke Spanish to be the only strange thing about them?
  • Why do people always talk about how Arizona or Nevada may be hot, but it's a dry heat. Uh-huh. Listen, it's a dry heat inside my oven, too, smart ass. One hundred and fifteen degrees is fucking hot, dry or humid.
  • Do I find Dane Cook hot because he's funny or is he funny because I think he's hot? Not that it really matters, I fuckin' love that guy!
  • Why is it that the older Billy Joel gets, the more he resembles a garden gnome?

Really, I could go on for days, but I shall spare you for now. You can thank me by sending cash.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anita Baker said...

I totally agree with you about the Billy Joel thing!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Calzone said...

Why do people think I'm wierd because I beat off into shoes?

1:48 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

amera - I swear all he's missing is the pointy hat

'zone - dunno, buddy. But are we talkin' platforms or Hush Puppies?

2:12 PM  
Blogger Carl Spackler said...

i concur, billy joel is weird. and this is coming from someone from long island (where he's from).

3:19 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I'm still laughing over here. I love the way your mind works!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your posts. You continually crack me up with your observations.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home