Friday, March 02, 2007

Booger Butt, Esquire

Hello?

Hi Aunt Terri.

Hey Booger Butt! How're things in KC? How's school?

School's okay. Guess what I want to be when I grow up?

Um, I don't know...a burden on society?

Silence.

Sorry, honey, I was just kidding. Give me a hint.

It starts with the letter 'L.'

Hmm, let me think. A lion tamer?

Noooooo!

Okay, ummmm, a llama breeder?

C'mon...really guess!!

I am really guessing!! How about a lima bean farmer?

Aunt Terrrriiiii!! A real guess!

Librarian? Lumberjack? Linebacker? Lemon grower? Lighthouse operator?

Sigh.

Okay, I'll guess seriously now, I promise. Lawyer?

Yes!! I want to be a Prosecuter.

That's great, kiddo! I can see it now, 'Booger Butt, Attorney at Law.'

Aunt Terri, you can't call me Booger Butt when I'm a lawyer!

Oh yeah? Says who?

Says me!

What are you gonna do, sue me?

Maybe.

Whoa, hold up there kid! Okay, make you a deal...when you graduate law school, I'll stop calling you Booger Butt.

Promise?

Promise. You'll be an adult by then and I guess 'Booger Butt' would be too childish. How about something more grown up, like Mr. Booger Butt? Sir Booger Butt? Wait, I've got it: Booger Butt, Esquire.

Sigh. You're weird, Aunt Terri.

You don't know the half of it, sweetheart. But you love me anyway.

Yeah, but you're still weird.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawyer?

Hmmmm. Maybe I should talk him out of it.

Thanks for the visit, Aunt Terri. ;)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

Okay, I tried to make fun, now I am hopelessly smitten.

Maybe its just my meds but I like you.

5:35 PM  
Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Jason: Well, he's only 12, so my guess is, he'll go through a dozen more career wishes in the next month. :)

Garrett: Aww, thanks babe. But don't let being smitten stop you from making fun. Sarcasm makes the world go 'round.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Cute. sounds so much like convos i have with my nieces and nephew.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

My 16 year old neice is going to be a farmer.

To make tons of money.

I think she should be a lawyer because she's halfway got my sister and I convinced that she's smarter than we are. I hate that.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home